Saturday, February 23, 2013

Healthy Mango Lassi

I came home from a run this evening starving. Being around 6pm, I wanted a healthy snack but not something super filling. Everything I know about exercise also says that I should eat some protein and health fats after physical excursion... blah... blah science....blah...bah. I considered some toasted with almond butter but I was trying to come up with an idea with greek yogurt since I already had peanut butter in my morning smoothy. I have been stalking a recipe for cookie dough greek yogurt for a couple of weeks but that seemed a bit too much like dessert before dinner. It then occurred to me: Mango Lassi. After checking out the normal recipes, I invented this one, which omits the refined sugar.





 Recipe for Healthy Mango Lassi

1 small container of plain Greek yogurt (I used non-fat since 2 percent is getting harder to find)
1 cup frozen mango
1 package of stevia - more if you like a sweeter version (or a few teaspoons of coconut sugar, xylitol or honey)
1 cup milk or milk substitute (I used unsweetened coconut milk but regular milk would work also)


Instructions
  1. Put all the ingredients and half the milk or milk substitute in a blender or food processor and blend. At this point, I had something closer to mango frozen yogurt which is fun also.
  2. If you want a lassi, add the remaining milk until the drink reaches the desired consistency
  3. If desired, add a few ice cubes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment